Re: Newbies

Dec 11, 1996 07:25 AM
by MK Ramadoss

At 053700 PM 12/11/95 -0500 Jerry S wrote:

>suspicious. I don't expect newbies to "keep up" with some of my
>discussions. After studying for almost 30 years I would hope that I
>am able to talk over their heads at some point. While this is
>probably frustrating to them I wish that I could have had theos-l 30
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>or so years ago when I was grappling with these subjects and
>learning all on my own. If I feel anything its probably envy. I am
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>a member at large and except for computer networking have
>not had a chance to share views or discuss these subjects with
>others.

In the very early days of TS when there were very few written
publications the members were having a difficult time getting information
on various Theos* subjects. Reading your appreciation of theos-l and how it
would have helped you if it were there I see an analogy. I truly believe
Internet and the international access to theos-l is the next quantum leap
and we Theosophists should make full use of it no matter what the organized
entities/TS Organizations think about it or how they have reacted to it. I
am very objective about this whole thing. How many times have you seen any
of the elected/appointed officials at the national or regional level have
ever posted any messages here. It is either due to illiteracy on their part
or their indifference or what other reason they only know. As I pointed out
in a msg some time back let us all put ourself in the seat of HPB and
imagine how she would have used Internet as a means of attracting the
attention of the world to the Theosophical ideas. It may give us some
creative ideas.

I have always felt that JEM and any one else who took the initiative
to put the theos-xxxx together have done all of us a great favor and our
gratitude is due to all of them.

...doss