Re: God loves you He/She/It Does!

Dec 10, 1996 03:00 PM
by eldon

Alan:

> [writing to Ann]:

>Of course God does not and cannot have a sexual identity yet
>the language which supposes this persists and those like
>myself who protest are either ignored or insulted though not
>insulted on theos-l.

According to our theosophical textbooks the separation into
sexes happened in an earlier race and will one day in the
distant future end. It is a temporary experience. We as
human Monads are not male or female but simply human.

The being whose existence brings about our world a being which
might be called "God" is sexless. Sexual differences are like
other patterns of personality; they are psycho-physical. They
are among those specific attributes taken on in a particular
lifetime.

We will never directly know the "God" whose life energies create
our world. That being bears a relationship to us akin to the
relationship that we bear to our lifeatoms or Skandhas. What
we relate to and know are gods and goddesses. These are the
Dhyani-Chohans the highest beings in our system. They establish
the laws of nature and spiritual superstructure of the world.

While male and female are polarizations of our physical body
and temporary constructs masculine and feminine are universal
qualities that things can take on. We can have a male or
female deity. They are male or female not because of physical
form but because of representing a masculine or feminine quality.
Shiva for instance would be male and Shakti female.

What we will find in the future I think is that as physical
gender differences disappear that anyone can live out an
individually-appropriate mix of masculine and feminine qualities
without regard to the size of their nose the color of their
eyes nor their reproductive plumbing.

-- Eldon