Re: Copy of: Sidetorture to Eldon

Dec 09, 1996 08:41 PM
by bbrown

>snip.
>
>This also opens up ideas about communictaion and its limitations - great
>communicators seem to transmitt the thought as a whole to their audience and
>communicate more than the sum of their words. I love listening to great
>speakers and good theatre or a good book and never loose fasination of
>this process!
>
>malcolm idoine malcolmi@iconz.co.nz

I had a very interesting experience with language when I went back to
Denmark after 40 years away. My Danish was childlike and much has been
forgotten. My uncle does not speak English so here we were with so much I
wanted to know about my early years because now that I am all English much
of the Danish part is missing. Over a large family dinner my uncle and I
exchanged all the information we each wanted to know about each other
mostly without any real language being used. If we were not looking at each
other I could not understand what he was saying so I figured we must have
been passing thought at each other through the eyes. It was an amazing
experience that I have never had before or since. There is communication
other than words and I wonder if one mental body can communicate directly to
another on a vibration level. Thoughts are things so we may encounter the
thing itself in the thought world and then language translates it into the
brain so it can be used. It is an interesting subject.>

Bee Brown
Member Theosophy International