J H-E Bylaws and Bailey

Dec 09, 1996 07:58 PM
by jmeier

TO: Jerry Hejka-Ekins:
Thanks for your comments/interpretation of Brant Jackson's letter --
I wish more people were concerned with logical fallacies.

>JHE:
> I have stated many times before on theos-l that the main
> points of Bailey's teachings come from ES material extant between
> 1912 and 1918. Almost none of this has ever been published
> except some that is in CWL's books which some readers assume was
> stolen from Bailey. This may seem like trivia but I think it
> is very relevant to your question because ES members are in fact
> warned about Bailey. But for the general membership who are not
> in the ES the TS cannot dictate what they can or cannot study.
> On the other hand ES members are responsible to keep Lodges on
> the "right track." See how this makes for problems?

"... the main parts of Bailey's teachings come from ES material extant
between 1912 and 1918. Almost none of this has ever been published
except some that is in CWL's books ..."

That rather takes the thread into a conversational cul-de-sac does it not?
Can you explain *why* ES members are "warned" about Bailey?

About 18 months ago you had an interesting series of conversations with
Arvind Kumar regarding the Bailey teachings but I don't recall reading
anything "from the ES perspective." Most of the posts seemed to be focussed
on the potential for cross-referencing the Bailey material with "standard"
Theosophical texts rather than discussing the ideas themselves. note: my
only access to theos-l at that time was by Compu$erve and the list server
charges quickly grew out of hand. I signed off shortly thereafter and
subscribed again through a different channel only a short time ago. If you
or someone could direct me to the archives section where you earlier
posted re: Bailey and the ES I would appreciate it.

Jim

PS: I would post Bailey's seven "new ideas" for the benefit of those
unfamiliar with the writings of Alice A. Bailey and the Tibetan Djwhal
Khul but I'm afraid of being expelled from cyberspace. :