Re: Copy of: Sidetorture to Eldon

Dec 09, 1996 03:24 PM
by bbrown

>From: Jerry Schueler 764001474
>
>RE: Copy of: Sidetorture to Eldon
>
>>If I may add a bit from de Purucker's Studies in Occult Philosophy.
>>"Do you know there is a way of living in thought rather than in thoughts.
><snip>
>> This illustrates the dual action of the manasic
>>faculty the lower and the higher manas."
>>This strikes me as coming about through meditation for one and when this
>>state is operating even on and off then knowledge takes on a new meaning.
>>It rises above personal likes and dislikes and then theosophy in its purer
>>form becomes a part of us and is able to influence our inner self.
>>Bee Brown
>Member Theosophy International
>
> The classic meditation given in Tibetan Buddhism for this
>is to watch each of your thoughts drift through your mind. Then try to
>concentrate on the tiny space in between where one thought ends
>and another begins. This space is empty like the sky and is exactly
>what Purucker is talking about. Thanks for the quote Bee.
>
> Jerry S.
> Member Theosophy International
Is it possible to say that an empty space thinks also? That is the only way
I can think off to describe it. The brain seems to have deferred to the mind
and thoughts come from somewhere else via the now quieter brain which no
longer thinks madly about everything and everything. Everything just sort of
'is' and life takes on a smoother troublefree path. >