Re: p225 ff Talks on The Path of Occultism

Nov 08, 1995 08:01 PM
by Liesel F. Deutsch

Continuation from yesterday:

<<Act thou for them today and they will act for thee tomorrow.
<< 'Tis from he bud of renunciation of the self that springeth the
sweet fruit of final liberation.
<<To perish doomed is he who out of fear of Mara refrains from
helping man lest he should act for self. The pilgrim who would cool
his weary limbs in running waters yet fears not plunge for terror of
the stream risks to succumb from heat. Inaction based on selfish fear
can bear but evil fruit.
<<The selfish devotee lives to no purpose The man who does not go
through his appointed work in life has lived in vain.
<< Follow the wheeel of life: follow the wheel of duty to race &
kin to friend & foe and close thy mind to pleasure as to pain.
Exhaust the law of karmic retribution. Gain Siddhis for thy future
birth.>>

<There are people who feel that because they cannot do great things
or make rapid advance no effort is worth making. That is a great
mistake. At least they can live to help those with whom karma has
brought them into contact. They will never find themselves in a
better position until they make the most of their present environment.
If they will do this when the time comes for them to make the great
effort involved in taking the First Initiation loving friends will
be there to help. Real friends are those who are the friends of the
ego. THESE NEVER BIND ONE DOWN FOR THE SATISFACTION OF THEIR OWN
VERY LIMITED AND HUMAN AND OFTEN REALLY SELFISH EMOTIONS. THEY
ALWAYS GIVE ONE THE FREEDOM THAT IS REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE HIGHER
PATH.
<Some good people refrain from helping others fearing that they
themselves may be prompted by a selfish motive. Very often charity is
bestowed upon the unfortunate not really with the desire to help
them but to relieve the giver of the unhappiness that he feels at the
sight of suffering. Such a person would never go out of his way to
find people in trouble in order that they might be helped. Again
there are others who systematically give a portion of their large
incomes to charitable organziations so that they may enjoy the
remainder with no qualms of conscience. Knowing this a disciple
sometimes questions himself as to whether his own motive is pure.
But to refrain from helping because he doubts his own motive is
surely a form of selfishness. Whatever our motive may be we must
help though only that counts for real progress on the Path which is
done purely to help the sufferer without thought of self.
<IT IS NECESSARY TO USE DISCRIMINATION IN HELPING. As the Hindus say
help should be given to the right person at the right time and in
the right place. Yet the necessity for thought should not cause
hesitation. We may not always be certain which is the wiser of 02
courses of action but we must nevertheless decide upon one of
them so that the opportunity to do for goood may not be entirely
overlooked. Sometimes it is only by thought that we can help. but
that as I have said before is very important. The strength of many
a man who is doing vigorous work in the world comes largely from
others who are engaged in radiating spiritual force in meditation.
<The wheel of duty to race & kin etc. does as a matter of fact offer
the best of opportunities for progress.. The Lords of Karma see to it
that each person is given the conditions which are suited to his
growth. .....
<The man who does his daily duties well will soon be
trusted with higher ones. Everyone who can be trusted to
do good & conscientious work is eagerly wanted by those who guide
the destiny of mankind.

<< = The Voice
< = CWL

Namaste