Re: To be a Theosophist

Nov 03, 1995 00:40 AM
by Donna_Faber

<Dear Bee
Agreed that we all have our own ways & opinions our own Paths. That's as it
should be. But you indicate that you're a member of a group. You mention that
some
of your group isn't in agreement with you channeling. From that statement one
gathers that you've been able to talk to them about it. I didn't even have
anyone to bounce my ideas off of to tell what I was just then studying my
newest esoteric discoveries. Most people around me aren't esoterically minded
.. aren't interested in Theosophcical ideas. So I felt completely isolated. I
felt like an outcast. That kind of a cold shoulder from the organization which
is nearest & dearest to you is pretty hard to take especially if you just
happen to be as I was then at a particularly difficult period in your life.>

You know I've come across this on more than one ocassion. As much as we wish
to be trusting of our groups and our like minded associations too many times
it is proven that such groups and associations and I think I read this in your
correspondence over the last couple of days are being treated as competitive
grounds for power and influence by the people we would like to think are
friends. Status who knows more about what than whom blah blah blah ... you
name it it exists in many places and I find it so dismal. To me the purpose
of such exchanges is to somehow contribute to one another's growth either
spiritually or however you wish to say it. And a true contribution is done
with the right intentions. I find that our paths often cross for that reason
if we are aware of it or not. It's about control and for many people control
is a very important component to life. So perhaps our challenge is to
identify those people as they aren't exactly healthy albeit they may have
some yet unseen purpose or hold an unlearned lesson to identify those who are
truly our friends. To know where we can go when we need support or guidance
.. where it is safe. Finding a safe place can many times be the greatest
challenge of all in this crazy convoluted world.