A poem

Sep 28, 1995 08:12 PM
by Daniel

Subject: A Poem

 Heaven's Grocery Store
 (Author Unknown)

I was walking down life's highway along time ago;
One day I saw a sign that read, "Heaven's Grocery Store."
As I got a little closer, the door came open wide,
And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels...
They were standing everywhere.
And one handed me a basket and said,
"My child, shop with care."
Everything a Christian needed was in that grocery store,
And all you couldn't carry,
You could come back the next day for more.

First I got some patience...
Love was in the same row.
Further down was understanding...
You need that everywhere you go.

I got a box or two of wisdom,
A bag or two of faith.
I just couldn't miss the Holy Spirit,
For He was all over the place.

I stopped to get some strength and courage to help me run this race;
By then my basket was getting full,
But I remembered I needed some grace.
I didn't forget salvation for salvation...that was free...
So I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.
Then I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything to do my Master's will.

As I went up the aisle I saw prayer... And I just had to put that in...
For I knew when I stepped outside I would run right into sin.

Peace and joy were plentiful...
They were on the last shelf.
Song and praises were hanging near,
So I just helped myself.

Then, I said to the angel,
"Now, how much do I owe?"
He just smiled and said:
"Just take them everywhere you go."
Again I smiled to him and said,
"How much, now do I really owe?"

He smiled again and said,
"My child...Jesus paid YOUR bill a long time ago!"

Daniel