Re: Jesus et al

Sep 22, 1995 10:33 AM
by OSMAR DE CARVALHO

 Aloha, Daniel!

 Br> As you can tell I have done alot of study in this area and I could go
 Br> on for hours. I can simply wrap it up with:

 Br> The Scriptures have not yet been fulfilled.

 I've been pondering if you could shed some light on a
 question I found reading the testaments. Confronting both,
 we see a great problem to us which believe in Jesus: He
 admits, accordingly with the book of revelation 22:16, to be
 the "star of the morning", the bright star Venus, the fallen
 and "adversary" angel, as we see in others books.

 In the old testament, in the Book of Isaiah, King James
 Version, we gather more information on this:

ISA 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, SON OF THE
 MORNING! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken
 the nations!

ISA 14:13 "For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into
 heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit
 also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the
 north:

ISA 14:14 "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will
 be like the most High.

ISA 14:15 "Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of
the pit.

ISA 14:16 "They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and
 consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to
 tremble, that did shake kingdoms;"

 In my native language (portuguese) I see different
 translations to these passages, but the meaning is the same.
 The "Star of the Morning" is Lucifer. And Jesus states to be
 this "Star"!

 Did you belive this is true, my dear brother?

 Please, don't send me too quickly to hell, because I live
 down the equator, and things right here is alread very HOT.

 Meanwhile, I arrived to the conclusion that HPB was not so
 anti-christian as the appearences may show. If was this the
 case, why she would give the title "Lucifer" to her most
 famous magazine?! :-)

 []s and

 Shanti!

 Osmar

.. Reality-ometer: [\........] Hmmph! Thought so...