Re: JRC to Eldon: Inner Abilities

Sep 17, 1995 08:11 AM
by LIESEL

Eldon,

To me, authorities are people whose opinions we value, & most
of whose ideas sond good to "our own inner Teacher" as you call
it. If we don't value what they say, they're not authorities to
us. To Daniel in the Lions' Den certain Bible passages are The
Authority. My yardstick is different.

As for being set in one's beliefs, I think everyone gets set in
them, after a while, & I think that is as it should be. But
being firm in one's own beliefs shouldn't keep one from
listening to someone else's with an open ear, & from trying to
be receptive to where they're coming from.

Shanti

Liesel