Re: The END

Sep 14, 1995 08:11 PM
by Brenda S. Tucker

I don't think that everyone should interpret the Bible for themselves. I
think we should listen to the opinions of others and determine for ourselves
who might be speaking from a vantage point. If you hear an opinion from
someone you respect, you might be more likely to accept their view as your
own in hopes that in other ways you could grow more like this person, too.

>and as to Matthew 24:5
>
>I guess I should start with verse 4.
>JESUS answered "Take heed that no one deceives you"

A man currently living in Great Britain has taken excerpts of all he could
find of HPB's commentaries on the New Testament. His name is Spierenburg and
his book is called THE NEW TESTAMENT COMMENTARIES OF H.P. BLAVATSKY. I read
this book and when I looked to see if she had commented upon Matthew 24 she
had. She calls this portion "The Eschatological Discourse." Alongside of
Matthew verses she places Mark 13:3-8 and Luke 21:7-11 (or let's see, I
guess this is Spierenburg's doing) then Mark 13:13-23 and Luke 21:17-24 and
Luke 17:37. The New Revised Standard Version says 23-27: Then if any one
says to you "Lo, here is the Christ!" or "There he is!" do not believe it...
So, if they say to you, "Lo, he is in the winderness", do not go out; if
they say, "Lo, he is in the inner rooms", do not believe it. For as the
lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the
coming of the Son of man."

My own interpretation of this makes me think Christ will return as a
presence evident in all of life. Don't look for him to occupy one space,
but all space.

HPB says "Two things become evident to all in the above passages, now that
their false rendering is corrected in the revision text: a) 'the coming of
Christ', means the presence of CHRISTOS in a regenerated world, and not at
all the actual coming in body of 'Christ' Jesus; b) this Christ is to be
sought neither in the wilderness nor 'in the inner chambers', nor in the
sanctuary of any temple or church built by man; for Christ - the true
esoteric SAVIOUR - is no man, but the Divine Principle in every human being.
He who strives to resurrect the Spirit crucified in him by his own
terrestrial passions, and buried deep in the 'sepulchre' of his sinful
flesh; he who has the strength to roll back the stone of matter from the
door of his own inner sanctuary, he has the risen Christ in him. The 'Son of
Man' is no child of the bond-woman - flesh, but verily of the free-woman -
Spirit, the child of man's own deeds, and the fruit of his own spiritual
labour."

>From this passage I might say that perhaps you are looking for Christ in the
"wilderness" and perhaps that other people here are looking for Christ in
"the inner chambers." Both of these methods are to be avoided. What HPB
and Matthew are hoping is that each one of us begin the pilgrimmage to
control sin and matter (or body) and by crucifying the lower passions,
perform loving deeds which is another side to what you are proposing.
Loving deeds being the reaching out to the destitute on the street. This is
also spiritual labor in my mind, but too often what you propose falls on
deaf ears because the gap between you and that man on the street is too
large. Isn't it more sensible that the third and fourth graders share their
experiences in a meaningful way than to expect the college student to assess
and rectify the position of the infant?