Re: Art's Response to Daniel

Sep 07, 1995 11:27 PM
by Deborah Brazo

> From: dhedrick@csn.net
> Subject: Re: Art's Response to Daniel

> >Art:<Not even true. I suspect that many on theos-l have had some
> >training in Christian Scripture.>
> >
> >I, for one, used to be a Sunday School teacher, as well as church
> >treasurer.
> > Yes, I have read the Bible several times over, and agree
> >with everything Jesus teaches. No, I am not a Christian today.
> >
> > Jerry S.
> >

> Another one that is 12inches off.
>
> Jerry...
>
> You do not believe what Jesus taught.
>
> He taught "...the hour is coming, and now is,
> when the true worshippers will worship the
> Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking
> such to worship Him. "God is Spirit, and those who
> worship Him must worship in spirit and truth".
>
> then Jesus declared "I am the Messiah" John 4:23:26
>
> Jerry do you need a Savior?
>
> Daniel

To All:

I have been watching this list for a week or so to get a handle on the way
conversations are going before I jump in. I would have to say that
although I do not (will not) label myself that my "beliefs" come closest to
Theosophy and Gnosticism.

I have seen this same distraction caused by fundamentalist Christians on
every list that involves Spirituality. I call it a distraction because
that is what it is. I learned to not argue. I will state my
understandings and leave it at that.

Daniel:

You are not allowing others their path to the divine. You feel that
Christianity is the only way. It is not. There are many ancient
religions that have been around before the advent of Christianity. Just
because many Christians (and I realise many don't) feel that all other
paths are wrong does not make it so. Your comment to Jerry as to whether
he needs a "savior" is arrogant and shows your belief system for what it
is ... EGO. Your saved and others are not. Well, Daniel, you are in for
a big surprise when all is said and done.

You said: "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in
spirit and truth".

It is obvious that you think that your brand of Christianity only is
capable of this. Get real and grow up! If you really worship God in
Spirit and Truth then maybe it's time for you to start listening to God
instead of the Church. The Church has twisted much of what you believe to
be Gospel in order to control the masses and you are a fine example of
that process. This kind of narrow minded thinking is what keeps this
world in a state of constant war. There will be no peace until those who
are fettered by restricted thinking are loosed from their fetters. There
will be no peace until you can look at your brother (sister) and love them
for who they are instead of calling them a sinner.

Sin is a concept of the Church not God. The Church has drummed it into
your head that we are all guilty and that only they can save us by
bringing us the Christ scenario. Oh, I believe in Jesus and the Christ
energy but I also know he did not come here for the reasons your would
have all believe ... to save you. Only you can save you by connecting to
your own Christ energy (higher self). When you come into your knowing
then you have a different view on all this. You understand that the
rantings of the fundamentalist faction are just that ... rantings of souls
who themselves are lost. They cling to a picture of salvation fed to them
by the "great" Church which became corrupt along the way.

So everyone ... back to Theosophy. I don't have a grasp yet on all the
Theosophic concepts but would like to continue learning from the
conversations.

In Light,
Deborah

Deborah Brazo aka Athara

"If relativity is proved right the Germans will call me a German, the
Swiss will call me a Swiss citizen, and the French will call me a great
scientist.

If relativity is proved wrong the French will call me a Swiss, the Swiss
will call me a German and the Germans will call me a Jew."
 -Albert Einstein-