Re: "source teachings"

Sep 06, 1995 10:07 AM
by LIESEL

Seems to me that the Teaching must also be presented in a form
that can be understood and worked with by the generation & the
culture of the people reading it in the present, whenever that
present is. I think that, since mankind evolves, & the Universe
evolves, the Teaching must as well. It's difficult to
understand the "Tibetan Book of the Dead" unless one has
studied that culture, & knows who all those gods & godesses
are. I've leafed around in the "Hymns of Orpheus", which is
supposed to be very ancient wisdom, & I don't see too much
wisdom in it. Maybe because I again don't understand all those
gods & godesses, Orpheus wrote the hymns to.

Liesel