creation

Aug 30, 1995 03:22 AM
by LIESEL

To Eldon,

I was thinking about some of what we wrote yesterday. You were
saying the life/spirit came first, and I was saying that spirit
& matter evolved together. I got to wondering whether there
wasn't some theosophical truth in what both of us were saying.
The first Root Race's matter is described as tenuous at best.
It was mostly spirit. It was conscious, but not as yet
self-conscious, couldn't guide itself very well yet.Then came
the gradual decent into matter, & now back to spirit. But on my
side of the story spirit/life & matter always exist together.
All matter has life/consciousness, we say. In all manifestation
there's never one without the other. And evolution, it is said,
is not possible without the presence of both, in varying
degrees.
Does that make sense to you?
Liesel