Re: On prayer

Aug 27, 1995 12:03 PM
by LIESEL

Dear Rich,

Now HPB is God, infallible. And you are, perhaps, HPB's present
day reincarnation? and also infallible... god forbid!

Dear Rich, I don't believe in prayer either, at least not in
the "gimme" kind, but I would never, ever try to insult someone
else's intelligence or attack the belief system which sustains
them. How do you know that your logic is better or more
valuable than their logic, you arrogant cub. What right do you
have to stand there & tell someone else categorically that you
and HPB are right, & the person who prays is wrong? Did god
whisper a message to that effect into your ear? Good god,
child, if she were alive, she'd disown you.