Re: A Few Remarks on Paul Johnson's Refusal to Engage in Discussion and

Jun 29, 1995 08:06 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Phew! Are we to have yet more back and forthing re Paul Johnson's
book(s)?

Maybe KH and M were pals of Uncle Tom Cobley and all; maybe HPB
invented them and their letters; maybe they were all other
people.

Is what is said in their letters worth reading? I think so.  In
Christian Mysticism there is a work called "The Cloud of
Unknowing" with which I am sure some readers of the list are
familiar.  No one knows who wrote it, but I will often quote it -
that's because it has some things worth repeating.

Let us read Paul's book if we will, or not if we won't.  All I
can say is that there is a tide in the affairs of men which leads
on to ebb .....

Alan