Re: Reincarnation & other subjects

Jun 28, 1995 11:58 AM
by Adam Warcup

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your comments. Here are a few responses.

"Ann E. Bermingham" <72723.2375@compuserve.com> writes:

> Adam Warcup:
> > Yes, to me, it is a logical impossibility to prove reincarnation
> > because we cannot prove a causal link between one life and
> > another.
>
> I'd like to propose the idea that from the higher viewpoint of
> the Soul/Ego, we are living out our lifetimes all at once.  On
> that level, there may be no linear time.  So "memories of past
> lifetimes" are actually glimpses of what is happening in some
> kind of synchronous state.

I like it! I have had similar thoughts myself.  However, for us
living in linear time, we tend to think in terms of before and
after,and thus of causality.  If we go for the timeless
approach,it becomes even more difficult to 'prove' that any other
personality was a part of the same Ego continuum.

I am also reminded that HPB said of the higher Ego that it did
not experience past-present-future but only the extended present,
the eternal now.  To such a being, the memories of all its
personalities would be immnediately present.

> I knew a man who claimed to have gone to a party and met the
> entire future crew of the spaceship he was captaining in some
> "future" life.  He also claimed the ship was destroyed and
> everyone died.  (Of did he just have too much to drink at the
> party?)
>
> What could ever become proof of reincarnation, when we cannot
> clearly identify who or what has reincarnated?
>
> When the majority of the population can accurately recall the
> other personality expressions of their Soul? Of when they can
> read the Akashic records? Just a thought .  .  .  I hate to say
> never about the possibility of proof.
>
> BTW, Adam, I truly enjoyed your piece on the Parliament.
>
> - ann

Kid regards,

Adam