Reincarnation and other subjects

Jun 27, 1995 06:04 AM
by FRDHVY

Adam,

Thanks for your comments on reincarnation.  I accept your
statements 1 and 3, however I dispute your statement 2.  I accept
that reincarnation has not been proved to date, but it is unclear
to me that it is impossible to prove reincarnation.  Is there a
logical proof that it is impossible to prove reincarnation? If
so, I hope you will share it with me.

Love and light, Fred

Just a random comment:

As I follow the digest, it seems that AB and JRC are carrying on
a rather deep, and I presume ongoing debate on the details of the
theosophical "belief system".  I would like to hear them extend
their discussions by speaking to the practical implications their
respective positions have on the problems I face every day...
How should I relate to my fellow man here and now, Why do bad
things happen to good people, etc...  As a practical matter, I
find no particular help in knowing the length of a round or the
speculated time between incarnations, and the total number of
monads, give or take a million, is still more than I can
comprehend.  I may be simply ignorant of the significance of such
esoteric material, and if I am, someone please enlighten me
before you argue the number...

Fred

Liesel,

I appreciated your comments to Alan (June 24, 1995) about guilt.
Would you expand your thuoghts for me? If ideals become the cause
of guilt, and guilt is undesirable, is it undesirable to have
ideals? If not, how do I defuse the risk of failure and guilt
that the ideal creates in me? Is it possible that the experience
of guilt is a necessary part of of the maturation process (be in
in one lifetime or many) of the monad? Love and light, Fred

On the lighter side:

Portelli@calon.com should subscribe to
he wants a full mailbox.  Koot Hoomi would be hard put to respond
to all their mail, even by precipitation with the help of a
Chela.  For that matter, maybe KH put Portelli on the
theos-l@vnet.net list...Do we have a phenomenon here?

Love and light to all!