Theosophy in the News

Jun 22, 1995 01:47 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

of mentions of Theosophy in the media:

This Sunday's Danville Register and Bee had an AP story about 70s
singer Gino Vanelli ("I Just Wanna Stop") in which the focus was
his overcoming financial crisis through the aid of a new
guru/therapist.  [Tried to find it this morning, but couldn't.]
In explaining his previous metaphysical explorations, Vanelli
described himself as formerly a "Zen-Theosophist".  But neither
Zen nor Theosophy were successful in getting him out of
bankruptcy; the new guru did the trick.

Definitely one of the weirdest surprise mentions of Theosophy in
memory.