New listing

Jun 09, 1995 07:10 AM
by Brenda S. Tucker

There is an address which I have reached through Deltanet called
http://freethought.tamu.edu/lists.  For those who are journeying
through the internet it is reachable through The World Wide Web
Virtual Library by clicking on "mail lists." This is The Secular
Web as they so fondly call themselves.  Also, the link was
founded by those who call themselves "The Internet Infidels." If
you look under people they largely refer to themselves as
atheists, agnostics, humanists, and freethinkers.  Since
theosophy is now available as a subject heading, along with
buddha-l, objrel-l, and other mail lists, (such as one that is
brimming with subscribers called skeptic) it may be subscribed to
by curious people.

I hope that theos-roots and theos-buds can be used for our
personal writings OR those writings that might not be comfortably
presented to "profane" eyes.  It's your choice of course.  I hope
a few more (I'll be interested to see exactly how many join and
what their bent is.) subscribers isn't a problem for anyone.

I'd also like to refer you back to a mention of this idea of
connecting and publicizing the list discussed with John Mead in
reference to someone "unveiling" theos-l in a group of mystics.
He felt this was quite all right in certain places.