Re: Ideas on Conspiracy Theories

Apr 28, 1995 05:05 PM
by Lewis Lucas

This is Lewis:

    I found John's list extremely interesting and thought of a
    similar people and events in our area.  Maybe we should
    compile (or at least share) this kind of information on this
    list.  It may be that the monitors could become the
    monitorees! Wouldn't that be fun.

    We have a county commissioner, Jimmy Echols, who recently
    said he could not support the public libraries budget request
    because the library had bought a copy of "Women on Top" by
    Nancy Friday, a well know and popular fiction writer.  We
    have a state representative, James Mills, who served as the
    youth director of a large Baptist church before his
    election...he's in his 20's and has had no other experience
    that I know of.  His election was the result of a lot of
    voter registration at his church and his last name being the
    same as a very popular president of the local community
    college...people thought he was a son or relative.

    Both of these politicians have been quest on local talk radio
    shows denouncing the library.

    Three of five of our county commissioners have been elected
    by the christian right in the community.  They have in turn
    appointed people to the library board who recently voted to
    start all library board meetings with a prayer.  That
    wouldn't be so bad if they would support the library in city
    whose population has grown dramtically in the past 10 years
    and will soon be the host of an Olypmic event!

    If there is a conspiracy, I say it is by the religious right
    to inflict their opinions and beliefs on the rest of us!

llucas@mercury.gc.peachnet.edu