Re: Ideas on Conspiracy Theories

Apr 27, 1995 09:04 PM
by John Mead

> Jewish.  Eric didn't even believe in being Jewish anymore.  He'd
> been brought up Unitarian.  If it comes to you, you battle it out
> as best you can.  If it

we ended up joining the UU church; it is the only one we found we
could "grow" with.  (i.e.  no dogma).

> doesn't come to you, you leave it alone.  But you can't run
> around scared your whole life long.

We have one whacko here in charlotte (Joe Chambers) who has
appeared on Radio news-talk in most US cities.  He is really
scary.

I've noticed a very strong movement in the last decade which has
been growing DRAMATICALLY.  I would wager that in Charlotte (a
LIBERAL stonghold in NC) that ~20% of the people agree with these
distortions.

current topics which he/they claim(s) contain satanic subliminal
messages and influences:

1: The Lion King
2: Barney (the PBS children's dinosaur)
3: Mighty Morphin Rangers
4: Wizard of Oz
5: Masonry (Includes other "sects", now defunct, like Illuminati)
6: Unitarian Universalism
7: Star Trek
8: Proctor and Gamble (the Company)
9: The United Nations
10: International Monetary Fund
11: Bahai's
12: Evolutionism
13: Equal Rights Amendment
14: MultiCulturalism
15: Psychiatry
16: anything remotely "New Age" (Astrology, I-Ching, etc.)
17: Art (unless it has a Christian Theme)
the list is endless.

About the only thing I can suggest is to let the energy flow
through, disperse, and die a natural death.

What I find amazing is that about 1/3+ of the Southern Baptists
are Masons.  and yet the Southern Baptists (in formal convention)
have denounced it it as anti-christian.  Many Masons in my lodge
are fundamentalists!!?? it is really weird.

oh well.

peace -

john mead