Re: Alan Bain - Ezekiel

Apr 22, 1995 10:21 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> Hi, Alan,
>
> I just reread your post of yesterday, & looked up Ezekiel 8:14 in
> my St.  James Bible.
>
> What you say re the Temple of Solomon having originally been
> built to the Goddess, & Goddess worship being thought of as an
> every day occurrence by the people who were weeping for Tammuz,
> would fit in with what my women's history book says.  It took
> many hundreds of years to do away with the Goddess entirely, and
> it happened by degree.  First she was the Goddess, then she was a
> consort, then she was a handmaiden, & etc.  till finally, in the
> middle ages she became a witch, and had to hide.

I would be glad to have details of your book with a view to
getting a copy.

> I'm not too familiar with the Bible, and the passage in Ezekiel
> really ashonis hed me.  They sound like our modern day American
> religious right ...like a bunch of fanatics.  Well, maybe I can
> see that they became incensed that these people were turning
> their backs to the Holiest of Holies.  That just isn't done.  And
> I suppose it's asking too much of these supposedly more primitive
> people to be tolerant of sun worshipers.  But then you go all
> over town & kill everybody including women & children?
> Disgusting.

Liesel

More than disgusting - appalling.  And the Christians adopted
this Jehovah-God guy with all his horrible attributes.  Then they
told us "He" was love!

As for the Holiest of Holies in Solomon's (or any other
Israelite) temple - maybe they _did_ have that, but had a
different view of it?  Any clues from your history book?

I seem to recall uploading my "The Nazarenes" onto JEM's system,
which is a serious attempt at establishing serious origins for
Christianity in the "Judaism" of the day.  I think you use a
"get" command through the theos mail system somehow.  The reason
I mention it is that in doing the research I came to the
conclusion that there was no such thing as "Judaism" at that
time, only the followers [very diverse in approach] of the
"Israelite" religious ethos based upon the Torah.  The "Jews" of
the New Test. would have been simply the followers of that
religious ethos (but not necessarily exclusively) who actually
_lived_ in Judea, hence "Judeans" or "Jews."

Oh well.

Peace,

Alan.