Re: Re to Eldon & Point Loma Philosophy

Apr 13, 1995 07:19 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <950413162419_76400.1474_HHL48-1@CompuServe.COM>
theos-l@vnet.net writes:

> I suppose that we can all agree on reincarnation and karma,
> but what are a few more of these?

> Jerry S.

Beware supposing!  I do _not_ agree on reincarnation (note
clearly what comes next) as presented in theosophical literature.
Maybe it happens, maybe sometimes it happens, maybe it never
happens.  It is a working hypothesis with many variant
possibilities.

Karma?  Yes, but not in a good guys and bad guys context.  If I
hit my thumb with the hammer it hurts.  I should watch what I'm
doing.  That's karma, and the lesson is clear: wake up to what is
going on right here and now.  Whether my thumb will show karmic
consequences in another incarnation - who knows?  And I mean
_knows_, not has this opinion, or believes.

Over ...

Alan