Re: Re: theosophical differences

Apr 13, 1995 09:23 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Eldon:
>There have been discussion of theosophical figures from an
>historic standpoint. Sometimes serious character flaws are
>revealed. Does this discredit the ideas they present?
>Probably not. It might affect their ability to express and
>present the ideas, but it says nothing about the ideas that
>they'd write about.

Ann:

I hope this is the prevailing viewpoint of most Theosophists.  I
would hate to see one person's ideas or work being held up as
"gospel", against which all others would have to prove
themselves.

That sort of thing sounds like Dog-ma.  (WOOF-WOOF.)

Eldon: (Regarding Theos-l) >There has been some
>discussion of history and historic figures, but little of
>the traditional Teachings.

Yes, I have noticed that myself.  Theos-l seems to have an
organic conversational life of its own.  I do not know whether it
would be of value to try and keep the discussion on one track or
leave it in its current free flowing state.

- ann