Re: Re: Seven Rays

Apr 08, 1995 12:35 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

K. Paul Johnson writes: > Have you ever examined the miraculously
> complex and weird natal chart of the TS? . . . I'd like to know
> what the ray system would say about that chart!

Ann responds: What a great idea! Using the info that was in The
American Theosophist from last summer, my computer drew up the
charts for The Society (11/17/1875, New York, NY) and the
American Section (10/30/1886, Cincinnati, OH).  As I suspected,
The Society has 4th Ray planets in the majority, which is Harmony
Through Conflict.

In The American Section, the 4th Ray has a slight edge over the
3rd & 7th Ray, but they are almost equal.  The 3rd Ray expresses
Active Intelligence and the 7th is concerned with ceremonial
order, magic and synthesis.

If anyone wants to explore this further, pick up a copy of
"Soul-Centered Astrology", by Alan Oken, published by Bantam
Books.

Jerry S. writes > I hope you aren't serious about
> "Everything I knew was wrong!" . . . But you
> need a bit of a thick skin to be a theosophist in
> today's world.

Ann responds: Sorry, Jerry.  I forgot my :-) , when I said that.
That line refers to a comedy album by the Firesign Theater,
titled "Everything You Know is Wrong!", which came out in 1975.
It lampoons Uri Geller, UFOs, Evel Kneivel and the New Age
movement.  I bought the CD for my husband, but it cost $25.

Rather than thick skin, I think mine is covered with water, which
causes comments to just flow off.  That's because there's so much
Pisces in my chart.

I think it's rather fascinating The Society has survived so much
conflict without having some kind of "holy war".  They have right
to be proud of it.