Re to Ann

Apr 08, 1995 07:36 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Ann< Over the past month of reading Theos-l, I have had the
> experience of seeing my heroes and heroines (Besant, CWL,
> Bailey and others) being sliced up and prepared for
> shikabob.  (Yeow! Everything I knew was wrong!)  Even HPB
> and the Masters couldn't escape a brush with the barbecue.>
>

> Somewhere in the back of my mind, I used to have this misty
> image of the Society.  It was full of dignified, stuffy
> people.  Thank you for letting me find the reality.

You are quite welcome.  While Theos-L is not your ordinary
TS, I hope you aren't serious about "Everything I knew was
wrong!"  Who says that you are wrong?  As you admit, "it
works" and this is usually good enough criteria for most
things. We are a motley and outspoken bunch, I'm afraid.
But you need a bit of a thick skin to be a theosophist in
today's world.  And, if you think they pick on you, you
should be in my shoes sometimes.  My views on magic are a
bit much for most of these armchair theosophists :-)
but what the heck -- it works for me!

     Jerry S.