Re: LCC et al...

Apr 04, 1995 00:38 AM
by OSMAR DE CARVALHO

  This is to Ann E. Bermingham:

  AEB> On the LCC:

  AEB> The early missals were Old Catholic until Leadbeater and
  AEB> Wedgewood could write  a new one.  If anyone has ever
  AEB> read the liturgy, they would no doubt  recognize of lot
  AEB> of Theosophy between the lines.

  I do agree with you, and more; in the TS we hear a lot about the
  real religious spirit, that theosophy is the core of every major
  tradition, but we do insignificant efforts to lead people to
  realize, in practical terms, the "inner mystery" of their own
  religion.  To help individuals to "cross" the edge between
  intellectual conceptions and historic evaluations about religion -a
  mayavic Kama-Manas approach, to a direct and vivid experience of
  the "sacred" which is "within" and that is evoked "externally", in
  mythical terms, in each ritualistic service -a touch in the realm
  of immortality through higher emotions and mind in search of
  Buddhi/intuition.

  AEB> It is easy to see that those who have developed a definite
  AEB> dislike for organized religion or were raised in an oppressive
  AEB> Catholic atmosphere, would find the church utterly abhorrent.
  AEB> I'm sure they felt they had gotten Aout from under that type
  AEB> of thing and now it was right in their faces.

  I was such kind of person before join TS, and I'm glad to speak
  that the theosophical studies and sociability gave me a new
  perspective on my own religion and others.  The external and dead
  vision was washed with new waters; the dissonant notes was attuned,
  and new ones was added, and now I can see and hear a new range of
  harmonic impressions.

  This week I was asked: "How a person could become a theosophist,
  attending the TS meetings and studying its literature, and maintain
  its own born religious observances?"  My friend expressed a view
  that only a non-religious -or rather atheistic- person could
  really join the TS and understand its message.

  My reply was that if one really study theosophy, consider its
  wisdom and tries to "live" its principles, no only he will maintain
  its religion but certainly will attain a far more higher point
  of experience of its tradition.  Certainly such a person will
  arrive to "higher octaves" of spiritual experiences.

  So, in my own view I consider that such people who are conscious
  theosophists and members of the Liberal Catholic Church, and other
  religions or orders, are people who want to go deeper in the
  personal experience of the "mystery tradition", and who uses its
  rituals and observances as tools to fit their lower personal
  constituition to the "contact" with the higher one; no more tied to
  external dogmas, no more prone to make their religion a cause of
  separation, but really attuned with the transcendent divine wisdom
  and love which is carried by its experience.

  Namaste!

  *|)

..  In this whole galaxy, there's somebody for everybody.  (Dr.
Crusher)