geometry

Dec 04, 1994 06:13 PM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

Martin Euser,

ME> I'm waiting for Murray to respond to my proposal to tell
something about his research with Hodson.  Meanwhile, we can
start some discussion on Sacred Geometry and some of your and my
discoveries and understanding of this field.  Lots of topics
enter my mind, like dividing and synthesizing principles,
polygons, Sacred Roots, and their associated figures, motion,
Geometric&Harmonic means; Gordon Plummer's work, etc.  What do
you think?

Yes this sounds good to me.  The only problem right now is that
I'm buried under four papers that I have to get out--so all I can
do now is give some thoughts from the top of my head that may
stimulate further discussion....

I understand geometry to be a symbolic language that is a key to
the understanding of the ancient mysteries.  H.P.B.  talks about
the "Geometric key" as being one of her seven.  Ultimately, it is
this key that I'm most interested in exploring.

I see meaning in geometry being derived from symbolism attributed
to shapes and solids (circle; triangle; square; cube;
dodecahedron; tetrahedron etc.); the numerical relationship
between them; number sequences derived from them (Fibonacci's
series; Kepler's ratios of planetary distances etc.); and the
analogical application of those principles (pythagorean triangle,
tetraktys etc.).

Aside from Pythagoras as a major source for the occultism of
Geometry, I also see it used in Plato.  Greek and Roman
architecture also used occult geometric principles in
architecture that was imitated in the European cathedrals.  One
of the most important source books that I know of in this area is
Vitruvius' ~Ten Books on Architecture~ probably written during
the time of Augustus.

Two papers that I'm presently writing are partially concerned
with W.B.  Yeats' and Maud Gonne's Celtic symbolism.  They were
very interested in Celtic designs and were working with MacGregor
Mathers on bringing together the designs, colors and ceremonies
into a symbolic whole.  When I'm a little further along, I may
have some interesting tidbits about this also.  Who knows, they
may have stumbled onto an original insight or two.

Jerry Hejka-Ekins

ps, I don't think I got your proposal.

jhe