Theosophy

Nov 17, 1994 05:46 PM
by WILLAM ALLEN

Yesterday I wrote
> I'm not sure why Arthur Patterson's post this morning immediately
> reminded me of something I read on the wellnesslist earlier in the
> morning.  But it did and I am passing it along.
>
> "I did not arrive at my understanding of the fundamental laws of the
> universe through my rational mind."
>  --Albert Einstein.

Twenty-four hours later I think I know why I was reminded.  One's
leaps to a higher or more sophisticated awareness can be misused
by others.  What one discovers, if shared, can be misused; more
to the point, perhaps, the more sophisticated, knowing "you" can
be co-opted by a corrupt system and you can find yourself
(probably on reflection) having used new, higher insights to do
things that you shouldn't have done or should have done
differently.

William Allen