White Brotherhood

Jul 28, 1994 11:06 PM
by OSMAR DE CARVALHO

   To Paul:

 > Dear Osmar,

 > My research indicates that although HPB had established
 > contacts with Indian adepts prior to coming to America, her
 > main influences from 1873-1879 were adepts in Egypt, Europe and
 > America.  The characters I identify in this context include
 > Freemasons, Rosicrucians, Sufis, etc.  But after going to India
 > she was predominantly influenced by Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist
 > adepts.

     When you say "adepts" you mean something as the "asekha" level
     or just high members of those traditions?

     I would like to know, Paul, what was the strongest evidence
     you have found which indicates a "real" existence of such
     kind of adepts of distinct traditions?  There exists positive and
     direct clues such as pictures, writings, etc?

 > That they were all part of one big occult brotherhood
 > is something for which I have found no evidence, and which
 > seems most improbable.

     From a historical point of view I do believe your conclusion
     is very reasonable, but I can't figure out how deep this
     perspective can elucidate an esoteric reality Blavatsky and others
     talked about in his writings.

 > Best wishes

     Shanti!

     P.S. Excuse some problem on my grammar.  English is my third
          language...