Re: Disseminating theosophy

Jun 02, 1994 04:13 PM
by LEWIS LUCAS

I think to live a reclusive life, avoiding the news and its
unpleasantries, is necessary for some.  But there is a tremendous need
for workers in the "field".  As such, I feel it is my obligation, my
duty to stay informed of local, regional, national and international
conditions.

Blavatsky suggested that to practice theosophy meant to work for the
eliviation in some small way of the suffering (caused in large part by
ignorance of the esoteric laws of nature) of all humanity...and even
the animals.

It is very difficult not to turn ones back on suffering.  The suffering
is so great and each of us feels overwhelmed by the size of the task.
The task is made more difficult by the fact there are so few workers in
the field.

I am reminded of sceen from a popluar movie called "Top Gun" in which
the hero loses his friend.  He finds himself still in the world and
being asked to "ENGAGE" the enemy.  A choice we all face at some time
in our lives.

We need your help. ENGAGE!
                                    Lewis