Disseminating theosophy

May 24, 1994 11:52 AM
by Keith Price

Regarding disseminating theosophy.  Although i have not been around the
T.S.  and other disseminaors long, I have learned some hard lessons.
the most important thing is not the message taught, but the life lived.
One puts the message in the stream and knows that those open to the
search will have to make an effort to receive it.

How many of you were born into a theosophical-orientated family.  Few!
Maybe years ago this was true but not now.

Videos can only do so much.  Games are cute.  But there is a certain
trivialization and carnival atmosphere that comes with all the flashing
lights.  And "selling" atmosphere.

HERE IS THE REAL POINT--- You can't spread theosophy like an
evangelical Christian (who would want t0).  By nature it eamains
"occult" hidden even to the most advanced.  One has to continully
search.  Search one's HEART, MIND AND SOULD.

THis is not to say let's give up.  It took a great struggle for me a
very non-techie to get on internet.  By I persevered in hopes it would
help me on the PATH, not "give me the answers"

So I salute my fellow theosophist for their efforts if their motive is
pure.  But if their is an element of "how can we push this", I say back
off and ask what are you trying to do.  Nobody likes a knock on the
door from those young men on bikes in their white shirts and ties, or
few!

I know let's do a music video :).  No let's get real.

The theosophical path is an elite path, that calls to the vangaurd of
humanity to help the laggards in their evolution.  the study of
theosophy does not do this.  The application of theosophy in the WHite
House, the Exxon board room, at The Washington Post (you get the idea)
might.

Namaste