To Don regarding OOBE class

May 11, 1994 02:15 AM
by Dewey Val Schorre

I was in your classroom for the first hour last night.  Don't know how
long it went on after that.  I like the idea of the class.  Having a
discussion between you and people reading your book will be valuable.
On the other hand, I think I will wind up cutting class and reading the
transcripts that John Mead posts.  This was the first time I had been
in a session where everyone types messages to each other, and found it
much too slow.

I've tried your method of going into a trance, and will keep trying.
So far I have either kept myself awake or fallen asleep.

The results with lucid dreaming are better.  Here's what I got so far.
-----

                Monday  May 2, 1994 Dream (almost lucid)

I have difficulty reading a menu and know that I must be dreaming.
Get excited about this being the lucid dream that I have been
waiting for and wake up.

                Friday  May 6, 1994  Lucid Dream

Someone at work asks if I plan to work full time after my vacation
to England in the fall.  I reply that no I'm completely retired in
the physical world and that I only continue to work when I'm in the
dream world.  Then I do a double take, realizing this must be a
lucid dream.  I grab the shoulder of a young lady next to me,
explaining that I don't want to fade away.  She replies, "Well,
that's a new line."

I walk downstairs and out the front door.  I am no longer at work
but on a playground.  The children are so noisy that I go back into
the school.  By this time I am no longer lucid.

Inside the building there is a strange piece playground equipment.
It has concentric spheres made of molded brass, and when you get
inside you can orient yourself in any direction, even upside down.
There are several of these and they move in opposite directions.

There are windows from the hallway into a large room, which I am
told is the men's reading room, but now it is unisex.

I become lucid again and decide to try to fly, but feel heavy and
know it won't be easy.  I am in a department store and one of the
clerks ask if I would like a copy of the store regulations.  She
does not mention anything about flying being against the
regulations, and I know that she will be shocked if I just shoot up
into the air.

I wake up.

                                -----

I suppose I was a bit impolite, grabbing the young lady's shoulder.
I notice that you ask permission before holding onto someone, but I
was afraid there wasn't time for that.  Can you keep your lockmold
by just concentrating on someone, without physically (I mean
astrally) touching them?

Is it always difficult to read on the astral plane?

Is it difficult to sketch a scene while on the astral plane? If one
could make a sketch while there, it would fix the details in one's
mind so that the same sketch could be made when waking up.  I have
a feeling that sketching will present a problem.  There seem to be
certain things on the astral plane that you are suppose to observe
and other things you aren't suppose to know about.

You say that people on the astral plane appear stupid.  Isn't this
related to the fact that you are interregating them and trying to
get information your aren't suppose to find out.  If you just
observe beings on the astral plane, can you see any lack of
inteligence in their behaviour?

I'll look forward to reading the transcript and may try to follow
the threads in the new age forum.

Val